Autoscopy

 

For my autoscopy project, my source of inspiration was a song called "My Play" that was recently released by one of my favorite bands, AJR. The song talks about the band's experience growing up as children of divorce and taps into a lot of emotions that I resonate with. I thought it would be interesting to use that theme, and the albums cover art, and combine it with pictures of myself and my parents. I am pleased with how the final product turned out and think it represents how both parents can seem good and bad at moments, especially to each other. My face is in the middle of the picture because in divorce, kids tend to get caught in the middle and are torn between sides. Also, my selfie has the mosaic tile filter because I thought that could represent how torn you can feel and even though you may seem whole, there may be some cracks and scars you pick up along the way. I have a great relationship with both of my parents now, but I thought it was cool to represent some deeper emotions through this picture. 
 
The art that I used in the background was designed by the band members, Ryan and Jack Met. 

         JPEG 0% - 219.5 K      
    JPEG 25% - 459.1K 

                                                                    JPEG 50% - 740.4K
JPEG 75% - 1.279 M 
                                                                     JPEG 100% - 2.565 M

two colors, perceptual, pattern, weight = 57.64 K

five colors, no transparency, weight = 140 K

grayscale, web snap 100%, noise, weight = 120.6 K

adaptive, noise, 8 colors, weight = 170.4 K
          

I love how these exported GIFS turned out too! The color scheme made the color selection look cool because of the warm tones in the original image. I also love how the grayscale export shows what my image would look like if I filtered the entire thing to be darker. 


Comments

Popular Posts