Letter to Myself

Hi Macy,

It is strange to think of what life will be like in 20 years, especially what my life will look like. Right now, I am a Junior at the University of Tampa and I am having a great semester. My internship at Studio 71 is challenging, but it is going really well, and I am learning a lot. Working in Podcasts is something I really enjoy, who knows, maybe that will be my career and you will laugh reading this. Or you are doing something completely different and you’re laughing about that too. I have been trying to explore Tampa more this semester and take advantage of what the city has to offer. It is hard to find free time during the day with my busy schedule, so when I have a couple of hours to spare, I am learning to make the most of it and try something new. I started going to spin classes at Cycle Bar a few weeks ago and I am really enjoying it. I have been going three times a week and it has become such a habit that I recognize a lot of people and feel a part of the spin community. I’ve always liked workout classes and am glad I found one at school that I enjoy because working out makes me feel more productive. I’ve also started using the hammock mom got me that I didn’t touch for a whole semester. I just didn’t know how to put it up, but now that I can confidently do it, I have been going with Lisa during the day and at night. 


I recently got offered recreation chair for Student Productions. At first, I didn’t want to do it because I really wanted film chair, but I decided to just go ahead and accept the offer. I hope it is worth it, I realized I will have FOMO if I didn’t accept, and it is the only club I do anyways. Hopefully I have another internship next fall too so I am least doing some career related things with my time outside of class. I’m enjoying all of the classes I am in now. Every semester I think to myself that there is no way I’ll enjoy my classes the following semester as much as the current ones, but it always works out. I love my major for that reason. 


I have no clue what I am doing this summer yet. I want to be in Los Angeles, but I’m going to need an offer first and I also don’t know if going there during the pandemic even makes sense. I am going to interview for a TV development position at Discovery, but it's remote. I’d rather not live in Pittsburgh anymore but if worse comes to worse, I could just suck it up. 

 

I hope that you are staying positive, enjoying the life you live and learning something new each day. I also hope that you finally crossed off everything on our movie list. Maybe you’re even starting our book “Best, Macy” that I am currently plotting. 

 

-Macy

Comments

Popular Posts