Calligram Project

 This is the image that I started off with for my calligram project. I thought it would be a cool picture to use because I am wearing a hat and my arms are involved, it is not just a straight shot of my face. 


To begin this project, I made a bunch of shapes within my face so I could make a better plan as to how I would create sections. 

From there, I started to convert the shapes into words from the letter to myself. I started with my face, hair and hat then picked certain areas to focus on as time went on. 

I ended up changing the fonts, background color, how I was going to draw my hair and pretty much everything else. This is the final product: 

 I am really happy with how this turned out. I tried to play with colors and make things pop from the page instead of just using black and beige for each section. It took me several hours and a lot of trial and error, but it was worth it in the end. 


Comments

Popular Posts